The 2018 48 hour Beat the Clock Film Challenge is now open for registration!!
What is it?
The best (and most hectic) 48 hours of your life! We will give you a prop and line on Friday at our kick off event. You and your team then have two days to write, shoot, edit, and generally go crazy with filmmaking!
What do you submit?
Each team will submit a film, no longer than 5 minutes (including credits), created using the line and prop guidelines provided at the kick off…including a guideline from the all new “Wheel of Death!” Okay, so it’s not that dramatic, but you’re going to spin a wheel for an additional fun component to your film! Teams may also submit a trailer and a poster for additional prizes.
- The first prize film will win $250. Which is sweet cash they can apply to their next project.
- The first prize film will be automatically selected to screen at the 2019 Phoenix Film Festival (which includes a FREE Filmmaker Pass to the Festival, with all the accompanying benefits, a $300 value)
- All submitted films will screen at the awards ceremony at Harkins Theatres!
- Register now as we only take 25 teams!
Stuff you need to know
Kick-Off: Friday, June 22nd from 6pm – 8pm Location TBA
Film Turn-In Date: Sunday, June 24th, online, by 7:00pm
Screening: Wednesday, July 11th, @ Harkins Scottsdale 101
Cost to Register –
- Early Bird Registration: $15 for IFP Phoenix members / $30 for non-members through April 27th
- Regular Rate: $20 for IFP Phoenix members / $40 for non-members through June 8th
- Late Registration: $25 for IFP Phoenix members / $50 for non-members through kickoff or until full