THE 2021 240 TO GLORY FILM CHALLENGE IS NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!!
WHAT IS IT?
This past year plus has been really hard on everyone. We think it’s time to have a little fun. Filmmakers like that kind of thing, right? So we wanted to do a film challenge and get your creative juices flowing again. We think 48 hours would be even tougher this year. We still want to keep things compressed, but also give time for safety and doing things the right way. So this summer, we’re giving you 10 days (hey, that equals 240 hours!) to make an awesome film and submit it for screening. We will give you a prop and line of dialog at our virtual kickoff event. You and your team then have 240 hours to write, shoot, edit, and generally go crazy with filmmaking! (note – teams are responsible for providing their own gear).
We can accommodate up to 25 teams. Films submitted on time will be eligible for awards. Late films will still screen (we think it’s important to get your hard work out there regardless!) as long as we get them in time to prepare files for Harkins. Films will screen once at the awards screening and again during the 2021 festival itself. See below for more details on screenings.
WHAT DO YOU SUBMIT?
Each team will submit a film, no longer than 5 minutes (including credits), created using the line and prop guidelines provided at the kick off…including a guideline from the “Wheel of Chaos!” Okay, so it’s not that dramatic, but we’re going to spin a wheel for an additional fun component to your film! Teams may also submit a trailer and a poster for additional prizes. Details on all of that will be given at kickoff.
- The first prize film will win $250. Which is sweet cash they can apply to their next project.
- The first prize film will be automatically selected to screen at the 2022 Phoenix Film Festival (which includes a FREE Filmmaker Pass to the Festival, with all the accompanying benefits, a $300 value)
- All submitted films will screen at the awards ceremony at Harkins Theatres on Wednesday, August 11th!
- All submitted films will also have an additional screening during the 2021 Phoenix Film Festival (schedule TBA) though will not be considered official selections of the 2021 festival.
- Register now as we only take 25 teams! Registration will close once capacity is reached.
STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW
Virtual Kick-Off: Thursday, June 17th at 7pm via Zoom
Film Turn-In Date: Sunday, June 27th, online, by 7:00pm
Awards Screening: Wednesday, August 11th, @ Harkins Scottsdale 101 – each team leader will receive two free tickets to this screening. The second screening during the festival itself will not come with any complimentary tickets.
Cost to Register –
Early Bird Registration: $15 for IFP Phoenix Members / $30 for non-members now until May 31st.
Regular Registration: $20 for IFP Phoenix Members / $40 for non-members from June 1st to June 10th.
Late Registration: $25 for IFP Phoenix Members / $50 for non-members until the day of the challenge.
Leave a Reply